Friday, February 6, 2009

Time Flies...Just a Little TOO much


I was thinking this morning at how much time flies....just a little TOO much and a little TOO fast.
I say this because as I got my sons up and ready for school this morning, I started thinking that it seems like only yesterday Charlie and Danny were born. They're 4 and a half already! My babies aren't babies anymore...they've become my little toddler princes. I got home, curled up next to a sleeping husband and then started thinking to myself "it's already 2/6 and in another month and 23 days, it'll be SIX whole years since we've been married". I got my husband up, fed, and out the door for his meeting, checked Facebook as usual and one of my friends had said that time flies. I wrote on her wall (basically I commented on her profile) that WOW, time really does fly! I still can't believe it's only been three years for her and her husband. For some odd reason, it really seems like it's been a lot longer (to me at least). Than I caught up with another good friend of mine for a tiny bit this morning and I can't believe that her and her husband are having a baby in August! All my friends are either having babies, getting married, celebrating the birth of a child, or celebrating an anniversary. Not too long ago my best friend from high school Shannon was reflecting on how things used to be for her, our friend Bianca, and I. I think Shannon was right when she said that neither of us expected our lives to take the turn that it did. When we were in high school, we'd sit and think of how grand it would be if the three of us got our own place and how grand it would be if things never got messy or complicated. BUT, we were dealt different cards. Shannon became a mother before me (and she's nothing short of an amazing mom!) and was on her own before I was. Next thing I knew, I fell in love with an amazing man who is truly the best husband any girl could ask for and before I knew it- that amazing husband of mine and I became parents to twins. A few years pass and one year ago we found out, our sons have Autism. Life sure has dealt me a whole set of different cards than my friends. Truth be told, I wouldn't trade what life dealt me in any day. As for Bianca, well- she fell in love and got married, too! I sit here thinking about how complicated things get as we get older and as the great Kanye West says "The weather so breezy, man why can't life always be this easy?". Life seemed so simple then, compared to now. Back then the only things we had to worry about was what college were we going to go to- if at all, tests, SAT's, ACT's, and all things school related. Now, that we're older- we have to worry about jobs..do they or will they pay enough to put a roof over our heads, will it be enough money to feed our families? We have to worry about more than our cell phone bills...like crap- there's utilities, mortgage payments, gas/electric, etc. Than those of us who have children- the cost of clothes, diapers, shoes, food, formula, etc. The biggest debate of having children comes to mind with things to worry about: to vaccinate or not to vaccinate? Life sure does get more complicated in the sense of the things one really has to worry about as we get older. I must say that I really am happy for all of my loved ones and friends who are having babies and getting married! Time really does fly...just a little TOO much and a little TOO fast.



No comments: