Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Random Thoughts for the Night...

Anyone who knows me and knows me very well, will tell you there's no one that's a more die hard 311 fan than me. 311 had an album come out yesterday and I must say, 311 really out did themselves with this one. I'm seriously in love with the whole album, however, there is one song on there that I can certainly relate to more than any other 311 song out there (aside from "Getting Through To Her"). "Golden Sunlight" is one of the best I've heard both musically and lyrically from 311 in a long while. There's a few lines in the song that describe exactly how I am:
There's a door open to walk through, all I want is, just beyond.
What if I could let my guard down? Into freedom, on and on.
What if I could just let my guard down?
What if I could live wide open?
What if I could just let my guard down?
And go beyond into the great unknown?

All in all "Golden Sunlight" is really a great song. I think everyone can relate to it. To listen to it (and some of my other favorite 311 songs) click here: "Golden Sunlight".
If you wish to see the lyrics to the song, click here: "Golden Sunlight" 2.

On with other randomness. Styven, the kids, and I only have 15 more days left until vacation. Yay! My good friend Libby is getting married in a few weeks, so we're going back to Indy for the wedding and than afterwards we'll be exploring around Indy. I haven't been home under happy circumstances in a long while (maybe that's why I relate to Golden Sunlight so much, ha)..so this will be our first time home to Indy since my Grams' funeral two years ago (yikes, it's been two years already, sheesh). When we get back to Atlanta, the boys will have a summer party at our neighborhood's pool (yes mom, you and dad are invited).
Well, I'm going to make an attempt to go to sleep.
X's and O's.


No comments: