




For those of you who don't know, Styven and I took a much needed break and headed off to Vegas. We had a ton of fun with my cousin and her boyfriend. 311 Day was amazing. I nearly lost it when 311 played Two Drops in the Ocean (you can click here to hear a few of my favorite songs from 311 Day: 311).
Two Drops just so happens to be one of the songs that I had on repeat the day Art died. I almost felt as if Art was saying hi to me and that someday, we'll meet again.
We also got a few of my other favorites that I haven't heard in quite awhile...Use of Time, Always An Excuse, Purpose..
We also saw Blue Man Group, went up in the Stratosphere, went to Madam Tussad's, gambled a bit. We had way too much fun in Vegas and truthfully, we really didn't want to head home. It was nice to have some much needed alone time together and to spend some quality adult time with my cousin and her boyfriend. We're already planning on another spring vacation together for next year...again with no kiddos.
As for Easter, the boys had a heap load of fun this year. The day before, I took the boys to White Oak park for an Easter Egg hunt with my friend Tweela and her daughter Abby. The boys really love playing with Abby and chasing her around. On Easter, mom, dad, and I took the boys to church and after church, Styven went over to my parent's house. I stuffed the eggs this year and helped Styven hide them. It was nice out this year, so we were outdoors pretty much all day. The boys went next door and played with my mom's neighbors kids.
Speaking of the twins, they're going to be heading off to Kindergarten in August. I can't believe they'll be 6 in October. I swear the time has flown by so fast. It's insane how quickly little ones grow. Charlie will be going into a general education class with a co-teacher for math, while Danny will go into a collaborative education with a co-teacher for a few subjects. Other than that, they've made so much progress in such little time that not much longer and they'll be completely done with therapy.
Random quote/thought for the day:
" But the trying again, makes me think it's all gonna end. Confusing use of time. But every time I turn the volume down, all I hear is the deafening sound of your hearts pound." -311
The above pictures are a mixture of 311, other Vegas photos, and Easter. Below, is a video I took of Danny with Styven and Cujo on Easter.
Enjoy!
XOX


No comments:
Post a Comment