Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our Christmas, New Year, and scary trip to the ER



I have lots and lots to update you on...so here goes. Our Christmas was loads of fun. My in-laws came up on Christmas Eve, so Styven and I stayed up with my mother-in-law, brother-in-law, and father-in-law and opened up all of our presents to each other. Christmas morning we let the kiddos open up their gifts from the in-laws and from Styven and I, before heading off to my mom and dad's. Charlie and Danny both made plaster shaped hearts for my mom and MIL, painted them, and had a sweet message on the backs. Charlie and Danny both got a John Deere tractor (they have to share it..I got some really funny videos...if I only I could figure out how to upload them) and Lightning McQueen scooters..amongst other fun toys. My mom made a really yummy dinner, as always. The day after Christmas, my in-laws took the twins to the Georgia Aquarium. This was mine and the boys third time there and my brother-in-laws second. I tried to get coffee from Far Coast from daddy, but the lines were too long. If you haven't been to Far Coast yet in Downtown Atlanta (it's in front of the new Coke museum and behind the Aquarium), then I suggest you go put my dad Bill to work..tell him his youngest daughter sent you. No really, you should. It has become my new favorite place. Anyhow, my mom took the boys overnight the next night, so that my in-laws could spend some time with Styven and I..and get some much needed adult only time together.
My New Years? It's been eventful to say the least. Styven went to the ER on New Years Eve (more like 4 AM on New Years Day). He's been sick for awhile and it's not going away. The ER dr. told him he's got a lung infection. All was well until my eventful trip to the ER with Danny last night at 10. Danny had a fever of 105.9 degrees last night, so I got up got dressed, got him dressed and rushed on down to the hospital. The dr. said we were lucky we got there when we did, his fever was any higher he could've had a seizure and GOD only knows what could've happened. Luckily, his fever went down enough for him to come home at 2:30 AM. He was fine and then his fever went up to 103 again at 4 this afternoon. When I checked it a few hours ago, it had gone back down to 97-98 degrees...so all is good, for now ::knocks on wood::. Charlie started his first day of school today and his teacher said he did really, really well. I wish Danny could be starting with Charlie, but unfortunately, Danny has to stay home with me. Poor kid has pneumonia and it's no fun watching him be sick :(. That's about all I've got for now, I must get myself SOME sleep before getting up early to take Charlie to school. Hope everyone had a WONDERFUL New Year and hope that 2009 is good to all of you.
XOX,
Lynes

No comments: