Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Updates on Danny and Charlie's First Week at School.

Danny's fever finally broke, this past Friday. He's doing much, much better (thank GOD). The antibiotics that his pediatrician gave him worked better than the ones that the ER dr. gave him. Danny was able to start school yesterday (1/12) and so far has been doing well. We saw the pediatrician today, just to make sure that Danny's lungs are clear and she says all is well with Danny. I just need to keep giving him Dimetap or the Tylenol multi-symptom cough/cold to get rid of his cough that he has. Other than that, it doesn't appear to be in his lungs- so that's good.
Charlie started school without Danny last week. SO far, Charlie has been getting nothing but wonderful reports from his teacher. She says he's been doing very well and participates well with the other children. He really seems to enjoy school, so much so that he didn't give me my hug OR kiss this morning. He hung up his coat and backpack and than sat right down in his desk. I had to go over to him and give him a kiss goodbye. Danny seems to enjoy school so far too. He too, didn't give me my hug or kiss goodbye- I had to go over and give him one. OH well...at least they like their teacher and they're not clinging to me when I leave. I'm able to just drop them both off and walk away. Most parents can't even say that of their kids...so I'm lucky mine separate from me fairly well...well, at least as far as school goes :)

No comments: