Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Random Thoughts For The Week







I know, I'm far behind on uploading videos, pictures, and giving updates. Charlie and Danny started Kindergarten back in August and so far, both are liking it. Danny has a few friends from last year in his class this year, while Charlie only knows one kid (our neighbor's daughter) in his class. Danny has homework every night, except on weekends. Charlie, on the other hand, gets to pick 12 out of 18 assignments to do and all homework is due at the end of each month. I like how Mrs. Morris, Charlie's teacher, has the homework set up. Truth be told, I don't think kindergartners should even have homework, but whatever. The boys and I have been all over the place this summer. We went to FL to see family and to visit a few friends, went to NC for a few days to visit family, and went back to my beloved Indy for a family reunion. Our trip to FL back in June was fun, as we all got to see a water spout out over the Gulf while we were on Marco Island. The boys and I went to Lion Country Safari with my mother-in-law, middle brother-in-law, his girlfriend, and his kids. Danny got a good kick out of an ostrich coming face to face with him at his window and the ostrich pecking at him. Charlie saw some "pinkys" (aka: Flamingos) and went bananas. It was hilarious watching his expression and him professing his love to the "pinkys". That night, the boys became my dates for a dinner with some good friends. All in all it was a great trip. In July, we went to NC to visit Styven's aunt Noella and spend some time with his other brother, his brother's fiancee, his parents, and some other family members. I learned my lesson, I think, when it comes to my death by chocolate brownies: always make more than I need or don't bake them at all. I swear the men scarfed them down in 3 seconds flat. I was lucky enough to even have two small pieces to save for Nathan and Michelle. Our trip to NC was fun. We rented a boat, had a bonfire (actually, it was more like a contained forest fire in a fire pit), and went to Ocoee. Last but certainly not least, we made a trip up to my beloved Indy with my parents for a family reunion. I got to see my cousin Heather (whose expecting her first baby, Makayla) and other family that I hardly ever get to see much of. My uncle Robert came in from Texas, so it was nice to see him and spend time with him too. My dad thought it would be a great idea/joke to play on uncle Marvin, by getting him a birthday cake and surprising him with all kinds of presents for his 80th birthday. Other than that, not too much has been going on. I've been prepping for the boys 6th birthday and getting them ready for their first ever airplane trip to Cleveland with my parents. Actually, it's their first time in Cleveland...ever. Their going up for my aunt and uncle's anniversary. I was given the choice to go with or have a few days to myself with Styven. I decided that I wanted a few days to myself with Styven, since we don't often get a whole weekend to ourselves (it has happened before, but it's not all that often). I've also been planning a surprise party for Styven's birthday this year. Only down side to it is that his birthday is so darn close to Christmas that it's going to be tough picking a weekend to throw his party. I haven't decided where I'm going to have it yet. Speaking of birthday parties, I'm not throwing a big one for the boys this year. It's coming up and I still haven't figured out what I'm doing for their birthday. Styven's been doing pretty good, still keeping busy at Publix. We're both loving the fall weather that finally decided to grace GA with it's presence. Go ahead, laugh..laugh all you want. It's been absolute torture in GA this year. For the longest time it was 90 degrees, when it should've been in the low/mid 80's at the warmest and in the 70's at the coolest. On a random side note, I hope everyone has been doing well. I wish I could upload all the videos and photos I've taken over the last few months, but for some reason my computer refuses to cooperate with me. XOX, Lynes


No comments: