"We should sail away to some distant place, forget each others names and faces. Fall in love, all over again."- Us and Our Daughters.
I'm loving the EP "Songs About Us". Truth be told, when I'm at home it's been on repeat (if only my MP3 would work in my car, it would be on repeat in my car as well). The thing I love about "Songs About Us" is it's pure honesty. It's the honesty that Phillip and Lia LaRue have put into this EP that makes me appreciate it and relate to it more than I can with any other album in my collection. Like them, Styven and I have had our share of a rough year (or two).
Recently, Styven and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary. We took a trip down memory lane and we found ourselves asking each other "how on earth have we made it this far?" We look around us and so many of our friends are either getting divorced, are divorced, or are separated. As I sit and listen to "Songs About Us", I can't help but do some reflecting and thinking. It's hard enough being married, even harder when everyone else around you is giving up or are too self-centered. If you were to ask Styven "how did you get that far?", he'll more than likely tell you he doesn't even know...all he knows is he loves his bunny (aka: me) and at the end of the day, we can make each other laugh and we balance each other out. If you were to ask me how on earth we even got this far, I'll tell you...I have no idea. It's been a mixture of things, I've spent time praying for my children and Styven, it's been keeping our date nights (and now date days, since the boys are in school), a whole bunch of things. If you were to ask either one of us the moment we fell in love, we'll tell you the exact moment..right down to what we were doing that day. For him, it was when he found out that I'd be moving up to Atlanta and for me, it was when I was babysitting for a neighbor and I observed him with the little girl I was babysitting for. It was the way he entertained her and I thought to myself that he'd make a great dad someday. All we know is we have had our share of loss and our share of things that we wish we could do over again. All we know is that it's taken a lot of work to get where we are now. In the end, it's worth it. I love my rabbit and he loves his bunny. If you want to take a listen to "Songs About Us", than click on either one of the following link Us and Our Daughters.
You can also find Us and Our Daughters on myspace, they've got more songs from the EP up on their myspace page.
On with other random thoughts and updates. Charlie and Danny are getting ready to head into 1st grade. I know, already?!?!?! Both boys have been getting good grades and have been doing really well. Both of them are really looking forward to spending time with my family again this summer. This time, we'll be heading off to Mississippi's Gulf coast for a nice week in the sunshine. If Styven can get four days off in a row, than he'll be joining us. Not too long after our Mississippi adventures, than Styven and I will be heading off to Banff/ Lake Louise, Canada for my oldest brother-in-laws wedding. We'll be leaving the kids with my mom for a few days. We're also looking forward to getting my aunt, my uncle, my cousin and his soon to be wife, my other cousin and her baby moved down to Atlanta. Other than that, nothing new and too exciting has been going on.
Shoga
18 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment